The Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Star Wars RPG

This is The Star Wars RPG. A place where you can create your own Star Wars character and have adventures in a galaxy far far away....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting with his Master

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobias
Sith Aprentice

Meeting with his Master Empty
PostSubject: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Tobias walked into his Master's office and keeled as he stepped in " You summoned me Master?" Seto hid his smiled as thought " lets hope i get assigned another mission"
Back to top Go down
Darth Judicar
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth Judicar

Character sheet
Character Sheet: 0

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Judicar was silent. "You will have no missions" Judicar said silently, he could read the aprentice's thoughts. "You are merely an aprentice who has much to learn..." Judicar said as he moved his hand down his lightsaber hilt. Judicar then rose from his throne and threw off his hood. "We will teach you in the art of lightsabers in this office." Judicar said. Judicar tossed Tobias a training saber. It was a vibroblade but it was blunted and it had a purple liquidy substance covering it. "That is Pelko Venom, when hit with it the area that got hit will go numb and cause you pain, as if your amr were being cut off. Dont worry it is only temporary" Judicar said with a voice that boomed thorugh the room.
Back to top Go down
https://starwarsrpg.forumotion.com
Tobias
Sith Aprentice

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Seto caught the saber and got into his battle stance " Don't worry master i won't disappoint you" he activated his saber and began moving slowly to the sides " lets see what you got Master" Seto said with a smile on his face
Back to top Go down
Darth Judicar
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth Judicar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:55 pm

"No no no" Judicar said. "I am going to show you the seven forms of lightsaber combat, and you will pick one and we will perfect it" Judicar stated. "Heres a paper with all seven forms". Judicar then handed the youngin a paper.

-----------------------------------------------Seven Forms of LightSaber Combat-----------------------------------------------------------

Form One: Sii Cho
One of the marks of contact, sun djem, was a goal of early Form I duelists, as disarming or destroying the opponents' weapons could ensure victory without causing injury, which was always a Jedi objective. However, with the rise of Form II, sun djem became nearly impossible as Makashi duelists were well trained to prevent their own weapons from being taken or destroyed.

Form I, like its succeeding forms, included the following basic techniques and concepts:

attack, a set of attacks aimed at different body zones
parry, a set of blocks to thwart any attack in the specified body zones
body target zones (1 - head, 2 - right arm and side, 3 - left arm and side, 4 - back, 5 - right leg, 6 - left leg)[1]
training drills called velocities

Form Two: Makashi
After Form I's proliferation as a lightsaber combat technique, Form II came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It was described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision, allowing the user to attack and defend with minimal effort, while his opponent tires himself out, often wielding the blade one-handed for greater range of movement and fluidity. The form relied on parries, thrusts, and small, precise cuts—as opposed to the blocking and slashing of the other forms. Form II countered sun djem, the goal of early Form I masters, by being well trained in prevention of disarming and weapon destruction.

The opening stance for Makashi was a single-handed low guard, with the blade angled downward at the practitioner's side[1]. The formal salute that Dooku offered Yoda on Geonosis was a "Makashi salute", while a Makashi flourish consisted of drawing a rapid X in the air with the blade.[2]

Form II emphasized fluid motion and anticipation of a weapon being swung at its target, and so required very fluid movements of both the blade and the body.

Form Four: Ataru
Ataru was an aggressive combat form relying on a combination of power, strength, and speed. Practitioners of Ataru were always on the offensive, attacking with wide, fast, and powerful swings. Form IV practitioners constantly called upon the Force to aid in their movements and attacks. By allowing the Force to flow throughout their body, they could overcome their physical limitations (including old age, as was the case with Master Yoda) and perform amazing feats of acrobatics, such as somersaults and backflips, not only for attack, but also to evade the attacks and strikes of their opponents.[1] Jedi utilizing Ataru needed to incorporate all the Force powers that involved surpassing normal physical ranges of motion, speed, and agility in order to be successful. Running, jumping, and spinning were all emphasized in learning the elaborate kinetics of the form.[2]

Those who used Form IV could move at high speeds and could rain strong blows, jumping and attacking through the air. Powerful and quick spinning attacks could be utilized from all angles, either from ground or air. A master in Ataru combat could appear like a blur to their opponents, attacking from all directions—from the front, the sides, overhead, or behind. The Force not only allowed them to perform athletic feats not possible otherwise, but it also helped guide their actions and movements in combat.[1]

The opening stance for Ataru was a balanced two-handed guard: holding the lightsaber vertically with both palms, either on the right or left side of the body.[3]

Form Six: Niman
Form VI was the standard style at and around the time period of the Clone Wars and the Great Jedi Purge. This combat discipline was often called the "Diplomat's Form." Unfortunately, all of the Form VI practitioners at the Battle of Geonosis were killed.[1] As a result, full masters of other lightsaber forms sometimes considered Form VI to be insufficiently demanding.

Form VI attempted to balance all elements of lightsaber combat, combining the techniques from Forms that came before into a less intensely demanding combat style. In practice, Form VI was a combination of older forms (Forms I, III, IV, and V), and all of them in moderation. In the blending, much of the individuality was lost, but the strengths were spread evenly, and there was little weakness in it. Due to its "jack-of-all-trades" nature, the success of this form was largely dependent on the practitioner's intuition, improvisation, and creativity in combat rather than the rote responses derived from other forms. This broad generalization made Form VI well suited for diplomats, as they could spend their time training in the areas of politics and negotiation instead of combat training.

Form Seven: Vaapad
Dubbed the Way of the Vornskr, or The Ferocity Form, Juyo, a term from High Galactic, was originally considered an incomplete form for millennia[5]. Generally viewed as undeveloped and rarely used by the Jedi and the Sith, Juyo was not seen as one of the main forms for generations of Jedi. Jedi Master Mace Windu developed his own Form VII, which was nicknamed Vaapad after a creature from Sarapin which moved with speed similar to Windu[5]. In 22 BBY, Palpatine stated that he had only ever heard of six forms; Yoda said there were only 6 forms for generations of Jedi, and Mace indicated that he invented Vaapad[5] (It should be noted that Darth Maul, Palpatine's apprentice, was a Juyo practitioner[7]. ) The nickname, Vaapad, came from students likening it to a predator, the vaapad, which used its tentacles in lightning-fast whipping attacks. It was said to be impossible to tell how many tentacles a vaapad had until it was dead.

The most challenging and demanding of all forms, Form VII required intense focus, a high degree of skill, and mastery of other forms. Only two Jedi ever mastered Vaapad fully: Mace Windu and Depa Billaba[5]. Sora Bulq helped Windu develop Vaapad, but Bulq proved unable to master the flow of the light and dark sides of the Force generated by the use of the technique, and fell to the dark side. Sora instructed Quinlan Vos in a few of its basics. Mace Windu noted that Vaapad mastered Bulq, not the other way around. Depa Billaba, Windu's Padawan, similarly fell to the dark side when the Vaapad mindset, combined with the horrors of the war, drove her insane. General Grievous used his technical prowess to copy Vaapad to a degree when he fought Mace Windu on Coruscant, though due to his lack of Force sensitivity, he could not truly master it[4]. But it was possible that Grievous had already learned the moves of Juyo, as Dooku noted that Grievous and his guards mastered all the seven classic combat forms.

"You'll notice that some of the forms arent there. There not there because they are nto needed" Judicar remarked.
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Sith Aprentice

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Tobias read the forms of fighting " Master I chose Form One: Sii Cho " Seto said as he waited for his master next command
Back to top Go down
Darth Judicar
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth Judicar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 am

"Very Well. Even though the form is a jedi tactic it could be of some use to you" Judicar said then smiled. "I use Makashi, Form Two. It is unique to my curved hilt lightsaber. I am not going to say anymore because I never give out my strategy's to lower Sith and I never sleep. I will rule as Dark Lord for a long time, but there must be a succesor in the future and I know who" Judicar said. "Now let me give you soem wisdom of lightsaber combat" Judicar said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with his Master   Meeting with his Master Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting with his Master
Page 1 of 1